Twins the hard way

Twins the hard way

Monday, July 8, 2013

Late Nights With My Best Gal

     Ever since Baby Z was weaned she has been such a terror to get to sleep at night. She has been going to sleep for the night at about 4am every night/morning. Every once in a great while she'll fall asleep around midnight so we'll head to bed thinking how lucky we are. But we are always wrong. She inevitably wakes ups an hour later with loads of energy.
     Things are made worse because she is not an only child. Baby J is actually quite easy to get to sleep, if you can get him alone. Z can always find us and wakes him up.
     J would be happy to help but he works during the day so he needs his sleep. I am a stay at home mom so really whatever schedule the kids are on, I am on. Also the kids don't like Daddy when they are tired. Mommy only. It makes things rough.
Here, Baby Z had discovered the walls make a great canvas.
     I've been trying to wake the kids up earlier but when I don't get to sleep until after 4am it's pretty hard for me to wake up just four or five hours later. I need my sleep too. It's a vicious circle. I feel like every time I start to make progress with this crazy schedule something happens (kids get sick, we go on vacation) and things just get worse than ever.
     It's a work in progress. They'll start school in three years and things will get better, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment