Twins the hard way

Twins the hard way

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A single Parent...

well, for three and a half days.
   As a sort of belated birthday trip, J went down to St. George with some of his wheel'n buddies to explore and climb new places. This left me alone with the kids.
   We discussed having the entire family go, but the thought of taking care of and keeping track of two toddlers on a trail gave me a head ache. We also talked about leaving the kids and me in a hotel in St. George while he was out all day. That sounded horrible too. I figured if I was going to take care of the kids by myself, it would be easier at our own house where I could easily get help from family if needed.
   So, here I am. It is 3:02 Sunday morning. J should be getting home in about 12 hours or so.
   Are the kids sleeping?
   No.
   Am I close to loosing it on my third night in a row alone with two small children who miss their dad?
   You betcha.
   I don't know how single parents do it.
   It's comforting for me knowing that J always has my back. He's there when I need a time out so that I don't kill our kids.
   I'm exhausted and emotional.


 I miss my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment