Twins the hard way

Twins the hard way

Friday, July 5, 2013

Christmas and New Year's Eve

      I just realized that I didn't blog about our Christmas. This year I decided to make my kids their very own kitchen because they love to play in mine. So that was their big Santa gift. Every year I have made my kids a blanket for Christmas. I made Baby Z a denim blanket made form my old jeans and work pants with owl accents. I made Baby J an I spy quilt and cards that match each square so he can spy the images on the blanket all by himself. The kids gave J a gigantic box of kit kats and they gave me a pink tool bag filled with pink tools! I've been wanting my own tools for a while. Sometimes I have to use J's and my stuff gets all greasy and gross.

      After seeing what Santa brought and unwrapping gifts we headed out to Grandma and Grandpa D's house. The kids made out like bandits. Lots of toys and lots of cloths. We then had my famous chicken enchiladas and watched... a movie... I think. I can't remember. But we watched something on the TV while the kids played with their new toys between bites of "chaladas."
     Then we headed to my side of the family for more presents and food. On my side we have started drawing names by family for Christmas. We had my baby sister H. She really, really wanted a guitar. Well J works at just the place for that! So I drove her to Guitar Center a few months earlier to take her pick. I told her to choose a few in different price ranges because I wasn't sure what our budget should be. but we were able to get her her favorite one. It is beautiful. It's a cherry color with a heart shaped sound hole. I played it a little and I love it. I am so jealous!

      Anyway... H had us for Christmas too and gave a gist Certificate to our favorite restaurant, Joe Morley's Barbecue. Mmm... and she included two fun board books for the kids, which they make us read all the time. All in all a good, and tiring day.
Baby Z woke up first and immediately knew where to go. She even knew which stocking was hers!

Baby J needed a little coaxing

Baby Z found Daddy's orange.

The flashlight Santa put in Baby J's stocking was pretty cool.

Santa gave us all a bottle of our favorite drinks. This is Baby J's bottle of Christmas Pepsi. 

Baby J opening and pouring his gold fish crackers.


The kids playing with their kitchen.
     New years eve  was chill, as usual. J made us some steaks and potatoes and we had a bat man marathon. Once again, we almost missed midnight. We couldn't find the remote to the TV (we like to count down with new years rock'n eve). But we made it with about 5 seconds to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment